Mac for the Blind Audio Tutorial series is now available! Click HERE to visit the lessons page.
Mac for the Blind is happy to offer the opportunity to receive training, personalized technical support and AT consulting. This can be done via telephone, Skype, Messages, or FaceTime. We would be happy to share our knowledge and experience to help you learn VoiceOver on the Mac or iOS devices, or to simply give you a bit of assistance in solving a particular problem. Our areas of expertise include Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan, and the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Besides having nearly 11 years of VoiceOver experience, we are Apple Certified Support Professionals for Mac OS X Mountain Lion and Lion. We are currently contracted for training and support by multiple state agencies, such as the Washington State Services for the Blind, Iowa Department for the Blind, Pennsylvania Services for the Blind, and Rehabilitation services for Vermont and New Hampshire, and have also worked with universities and colleges to train staff and students, such as Wake Forest University, Algonquin College, and Bellevue College. Additionally, besides having been contracted as an Accessibility Quality Assurance Analyst for Apple, we have assisted several private individuals and even businesses to serve their training, technical support and consulting needs/requirements.
For simple matters or an initial consultation, there is no charge, but we are sure that you will find our rates for training and more sophisticated technical support quite affordable and reasonable.
We offer discounts to agencies, schools and organizations, and can do group demonstrations and presentations or training sessions for staff members or students, as well as consulting or Assistive technology recommendations for educational or vocational settings.
Some training packages include;
- • Basic Mac VoiceOver Training, 3 to 5 hours
- • Mac OS X Basics, 3 to 5 hours.
- • Mac OS X and VoiceOver Basics, 5-10 hours.
- • Advanced VoiceOver Training, 3-5 hours (requires basic VoiceOver familiarity and general OS X knowledge)
- • Complete VoiceOver Training, 10-15 hours (includes VoiceOver basics and advanced features, as well as OS X basics).
- • Modified Lion 101 Training Course, 15-20 hours (requires VoiceOver experience or an additional 5-10 hours may be necessary to add VoiceOver training)
- • Basic iDevice Training for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, 3-5 hours (includes VoiceOver gestures and introductions to the standard, default apps included on the device).
- • Advanced iDevice Training for iPhone, iPad or iPod, 3-5 hours (requires basic knowledge of the iDevice and includes advanced device settings, wireless keyboard, some popular third party apps or Braille displays))
- • Complete iDevice Training for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, 5-10 hours (includes all the basics, advanced device settings, wireless keyboard, some popular third party apps or Braille displays))
Note that training can be customized in any specific way based on requirements of the client, such as being geared for specific applications, particular device settings or combinations of both, and that these hours are estimates based solely on general experience from having worked with clients over he last 5 plus years. They might vary according to the specific type of training customization and the overall learning speed of the client. Additionally, in regard to technical support issues, this will vary widely in total time needed according to the issue itself, such as general application troubleshooting, Mac or iDevice startup troubleshooting or specific VoiceOver problems that need to be addressed.
Please feel free to email, email@example.com to discuss these options and what fees might be required.